Fall is in the air and fall is my favorite time of year. Time to start thinking more about more comforting meals for those crisp fall evenings. A few weeks ago I shared with you my dieting journey with Jenny Craig. Well I am very happy to share that I've lost 14 pounds so far :) 6 inches. I've began a evening regimen of walking 2 miles and it has really helped whittle away the inches. I've gotten rid of a lot of baggage and stress I've been carrying around the last 5 or 6 months to a year and boy does it feel good. Some people just want and dream of what they wish they could have and be...but just can't break the chains that weigh them down....In my soul searching I have realized I'm very proud of the firecracker that I am...in my determination of my dreams.. and my knowledge of knowing who I am and what I have wanted and have never waivered in reaching for that......when I realized that it set me free. I feel sorry for those who only just dream, stumble over themselves...and can never grasp it or let go and be free and truly happy.
Monday - Firecracker Salmon, Vegetable Kabobs, Garlic Bread. ME: Jenny Food.
Tuesday - Corn chowder, crusty bread. ME: Jenny Food.
Thursday - Danish Goulash, Salad, Crusty Bread. ME: Jenny Food.
Friday - TGIF! Burger Night..Homemade OR and a malt. ME: ME: Jenny Food.
Saturday - Let's Play some Football! Go Big Red! Chico's Nachos, Dry Rub Grilled steaks, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Mushrooms, Red Onions & Garlic, grilled sweet corn, garlic bread. ME: Day on my own.
Sunday - Texas Dry Rub Beer Can Chicken, Smashed Potato Salad, Green beans/Garden Beets, Garlic Bread. ME: Day on my own.
Snack - Iced Oatmeal Cookies
Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chunky-style applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I added this)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (I added this)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Make cookies: Preheat oven to 350. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined. Add egg, applesauce, and vanilla, mix until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix in raisins.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over parchment paper; let cool completely.
- Make icing: Whisk confectioners' sugar, syrup, and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over cookies, let set.
For more delicious menu plans and recipes please pop over to www.orgjunkie.com !
A Friend from the Heart :)