Monday - Barbecue Shrimp Deaux, Salad.
Tuesday - Bourbon Bean Soup, Homemade Bread.
Wednesday - Spinach Alfredo Pizza, Iceberg lettuce with warm bacon and blue cheese dressing.
Thursday -Chevre Burger, Homemade Fries.
Friday - TGIF!...Date Night!
Saturday - Hoisin steak skewers, Wild Rice, Grilled Asparagus, Garlic Bread.
Snack - Lemon Angel Food Cupcakes from Two Peas and Their Pod Blog.
3/4 cup superfine sugar, divided
1/2 cup sifted cake flour
5 large egg whites, room temperature
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, sift together cake flour and 1/4 cup superfine sugar.
3. In a large bowl, beat room-temperature egg whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar and salt. Gradually add in the remaining 1/2 cup of superfine sugar while the mixer is on high speed, beating the egg whites to soft peaks.With a rubber spatula add in the vanilla and lemon zest, do this very gently!
4. Fold in flour mixture, adding it in two or three additions.
5. Divide evenly into prepared muffin tins. Fill them pretty full.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown. The tops will spring back when lightly touched.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
Lemon Icing Drizzle
Fresh lemon juice
Combine confectioners sugar with lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle on top of cooled cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.